B letter E L hangman tile red letter I E letter V letter E

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tool #10

App Reviews:

Math Drills lite - Looks like a good math workout. Need to look closer to see if it grows with advancing math skills. What I saw, would be great for 1-2 or a kiddo that needs number concepts support with operations.

Blackboard - Looks interesting. You have to enable it as a school and set up sections. The kids can then ask questions and have conversations about lessons. What they understood, what they didn't understand, kids can ask and answer questions.

Dot to Dot - Would probably use it with Kyle, Pre-K or Kinder. Would reinforce number or occupy time.

Brain POP featured movie - LOVE THIS!!! I would put just this app in a station, no matter what the topic in my science classroom. They would watch what ever clip happens to be featured for the day and record OH YEAHs and AH HAs in their science journals. VERY COOL! They LOVE Brain POP and useing this they would be able to take the graded quiz which they are DYING to do everytime we show one! LOVE IT!

NASA - AWESOME! Another great app for science. We take about 6-9 weeks to cover space science. Great resource! Will definately load it on my I-touches.

I am VERY excited about getting and using the I-touches and Macbooks for the classroom! We are going to have LOTS of fun using them!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you found such useful apps! There are tons out there, just takes a little time finding them and checking them out.

    ReplyDelete