B letter E L hangman tile red letter I E letter V letter E

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tool #4

Google Docs...very cool! I like the idea of being able to collaborate on a document without having multiple copies out there. It will save time for everyone, especially the person who is in charge of making the changes! We use a Excel for keeping track of t-shirt orders. It will be nice to have it saved where we can all add to the same document, instead of sending it back and forth. I am also lead mentor, so I created a survey for new teachers! The Google Reader was interesting! It can help stream line what you are researching or following saving time of loading and floating back and forth between pages. You can suggest feeds to others which could be beneficial if students are watching the same info. I also liked being able to link the blogs that I am watching to the feed so that I can easily see what's new.

3 comments:

  1. Google Docs has so many practical uses. It's cool that you've already made a survey using it. I love using Google Reader too. I used to spend way too much time seeing if my favorite bloggers had added anything new only to discover they hadn't posted lately. Now no more of that nonsense, just one quick click to see what' new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome, time-saving idea to be able to have teachers on your team all have access to make changes to the same document instead of sending it back and forth! Work smarter, not harder! (I LOVE that motto!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaycie-My friends and I lived off Google Docs when planning for her wedding! We put EVERYTHING there and made everyone get on and check it! And yes! I love how you can give access to SOME and just viewing rights to others! =) I shared this idea with my soon to be sister-in-law and she's currently using it and EXPECTS help! LOL...

    I LOVE GOOGLE! I think we all should start using Google Calendar and Google TALK DAILY AT WORK =)! Planning would be so much easier and when you need something, you can just send a quick chat msg to your teammates...but that's just my POV!

    ReplyDelete