B letter E L hangman tile red letter I E letter V letter E

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tool #5

I think I will like the idea of social tagging. When we are doing research for science topics it will be nice for others to be able to look at the things we have found as well as us getting the same from others. I found a COOL science activity that I will definately be doing with the kids this year!! Car baked cookies!! Yes I am a science geek, but that is really something! Not only can they see the effects the sun has and the effects of heat, they can see first hand how HOT it gets in a closed up car! What a powerful and FUN lesson!! The other site I found that I liked was also a food activity...ok, maybe I need a snack! It was the science of cake! Fun...yummy and high interest for kids! Anything we can tie to food will be a hit and they WILL remember it! LOVE IT!! I found these using the science tag. Then I went to projects and found the cake site. After that I though I would search for others and found the cookies! Very cool! The class could use this type of bookmarking to show that they were researching during a computer station about topics we have or are currently studying in science. Wouldn't it be powerful for them to be about to find and share the cool things they found on the internet that pertain to classroom lessons? I think this type of site would encourage them to continue to research and share what they are finding at home!

2 comments:

  1. As a fellow science geek, I can't wait to look at this! I have found that the kids remember the science so much better when there is food involved. One of the first questions everytime we have an experiment is "is it edible?".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to be popping by your classrooms next year to see if there's any edible science activities going on!
    And I've got to remember to use the bookmarking sites. There are so many uses for our kids.

    ReplyDelete