B letter E L hangman tile red letter I E letter V letter E

Monday, June 7, 2010

Tool #2

1. I like the idea of a PLN. We created one for the Love and Logic book study. I think it will work well if the people involved will read the questions and give thoughtful comments. We as teachers are always saying we don't have enough time to talk to each other and share ideas...well, here's a way to do it.

2. I liked the reading about how to comment. I agree that comments should be meaningful. I think a "you go girl!" should be followed by what the commentor really agreed with. Also I think it's OK to disagree professionally with someone as long as it is done tactfully without attacking the writer.

Commented on:
Hard at Work
Moultan Lava
Renee's Blog
Kimmy's 11 Tools
Life Long Learning
Jello's 11 Tools

4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a PLN, too. You'll have to remind me how to get to the Love and Logic one. And you're right, we should be able to "agree to disagree" with our colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of agreeing to disagree. We learn alot through discussions by reflecting on what others have shared. Often, after some time of reflection, we can see others side of the discussion and thus agree on their perspective. I call professional disagreements/agreements collaboration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your love and logic PLN. Might have to look into that!! I think we learn a lot from hearing other's viewpoints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://westwoodbloggers.blogspot.com

    Here's the address for the Love and Logic book study!

    ReplyDelete