B letter E L hangman tile red letter I E letter V letter E

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Tool #7

The Photostory was very easy to create! I thought the hardest part was finding the free usable music to add and that was fairly painless. As I type the video is still uploading...taking a few minutes...patience.... We shall see how long it takes and if I uploaded the correct file. Anyway, I liked that it put the pictures into a standard story, then I could edit them as I wanted to and make the story more my own. If I wanted to do a quicky...I could just upload the pics with a cute song and be done with it. I will try the other format too since we will have the Macs in our classrooms. Since we have a classroom camera, this tool can be very useful. They could make stories for just about anything the could take pictures of, from field day to projects and how they progress. I like the idea of the kids doing many of these photo stories to help them remember experiences they had. I also like that they have a digital portfolio in which to store this kind of work. Here's a little quicky tip I have for cameras and organizing student photos. I made a folder on my desktop in which I put a short cut to each of my 60 student's SAN folder. Then after I upload the pictures to my computer I can easily copy and drag the picture to the students folder. My first attempt at this digital yearbook we used a power point...I think this year we will upgrade our digital yearbook to Photostory or I-movie. Still uploading...painless for me...but hmmm! It's up to 83 messages!...153...175...and there was a problem with the upload! That was a long wait for a no!


Went back and loaded the .wmn file instead of the photostory file. It took about 5 min to load.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great tip about putting photos into your students' folders. Can't wait to see what the kids in your class will be doing next year. Such cute boys in your photostory!

    ReplyDelete