B letter E L hangman tile red letter I E letter V letter E

Monday, June 14, 2010

Tool #8



This video, Migration, I can use when we teach animal adaptations. I found it on the National Geographic website. Very cool! I could spend lots of time there just hunting around. They had LOTS of stuff on bugs (first grade). I think these would be high interest things for the kids to see. I think we could also attach them to a class blog or wiki and put it in a station for them to watch and comment.



This is also a National Geographic find! I told you I had fun there! It's called Tsunamis. This would be a great way to show what they are and how they effect people while we talk about changes in the earth's surface.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of putting the videos on a blog or wiki and having the students watch and respond individually. When we show videos to the whole class you always have that student or two who aren't paying attention. This would make them all responsible for their learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done this tool yet, but thanks for letting me know about the insect videos you found there. I will definately be looking at the national geographic website soon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete